Honda VTR1000 F (Firestorm)
1997, 105 BHP
Stolen Recovered (then stolen again -grrr...
if I catch you!,
Vincent No1 bar shortened 6", new chrome/leather
New levers, note the 4" risers those have replaced
the usual "clip ons"
This rased the front end 2"
Making the the brackets for the Carbon fibre
can... 2 mm stainless
shaped and curved to fit the pipe. Hand made
and not a bad job either. I would have shown photo's but hit my thumb badly
when shaping them. You can't see them in the photo's, but they were shaped
to fit the can, and bolter to it. The old holes the other owner had mad,
I filled with adeldite (carbon fibre sans do not get hot I found)
Polished by hand while still in the frame
Hand Polished forks ... Well as I had to take
them out when I changed the headstock bearings
Polished fitted (new fork seals same time the
head stock bearings were replaced.
Spent 60.00 quid for 3 sets brake pads
and the seat, made from an old nylon water butt
as a base
four layers of foam cut from an old bedroll as
and leather from my old pair of jeans, cost me
nowt (nothing) that.
Manual - bought & read
Carbs removed/cleaned and fitted.
Flasher unit bought
Rear & front indicators wired in
Now have them working.
Rear light wired in correctly
Brake lights wired and tested (front & rear).
Horn re wired in and working
At least the main beam and dip were fitted correctly.
So was most of the important bits.
Exhaust brackets made
Holes in the exhaust can filled
Re sprayed (at home)
MOT passed and taxed
T cutting in paintwork 10hrs
Swinging arm polishing 9hrs
I still want to replace lights front and rear,
It doesn't look much different than before looking
by the photos.
If you seen it yourself before, you'd notice
It passed it MoT and I used it for a year or